viernes, 26 de junio de 2009

Hair dying 101


Good thing I started this blog because Candi and I have yet another story to tell. I noticed this morning how bad the roots in my hair were starting to look and since I was a little nervous to go to a salon here to get my hair highlighted again, Candi and I decided to just dye our whole heads with stuff out of a box. So we go to Walmart and pick out the colors: me with my usual blonde and Candi with her newfound red (like a dark red, not orangy red) for under five dollars each. When we got home, we decided we should probably do it outside just in case we got the dye on the floor. Since I had never dyed anyone else's hair before (much less red), I let Candi do me first. As she started putting on the dye, this huge, dark cloud began to move quickly toward the house. We figured we better just wait until it actually starts raining so some dye isn't left in some places more than others. Suddenly, a huge gust of wind came out of nowhere and forced us to go running into the house (clothes out on the line, by the way). Once Candi was done with me, I started on her hair. I was scared to death that I was going to screw something up, since I had never done it before. Thank goodness she had confidence in me, at least. It took me forever and lots of dye all over our shirts before I finally finished. Now to rinse...but where? We have no tub, and the kitchen sink is full of dishes. Ok...let's go outside on the patio. Candi's under her umbrella because she can't get her hair wet yet, and I'm rinsing my hair out in the freezing cold water and air. Everything turned out fine, although our neighbors are probably thinking we are weirder than they thought.

2 comentarios:

  1. You need to post pics of the final results :) I am so glad yo have a blog. I look forward to reading!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow. No sé lo que voy a hacer cuando mudarme a otro país...mi pelo es mucho más complicado porque es "nappy." ¡Qué aventura!

    ResponderEliminar